Sunday, October 16, 2016

Boxycharm October 2016





 
Come one come all to the Boxy Baazar!
 
 

Who needs a little black dress when you get this little black box every month!
 
 
Starlooks:  Ultra Matte Lip Paint in Piquant    Value $11

 
 
This is a dark brown berry color.  I've had other Starlooks stains before and they perform well.
I am concerned the color may be dark for my complexion.  I am definitely sensing a theme with subscription box lip color this month.
 
 

T E M P T U: S/B Shimmer Bronzer    Value: $29.50
 
 
Ugh! No, no no!  Of the four options with which I was teased this is the one I wanted the least.
This is going in the give away pile.  Smells like chemicals and is not a product I will ever use.
 


Luxie Beauty: eye blender brush pack    Value $36
 
Luxie put together this 3 brush set specially for Boxy Charm from their rose gold brush collection.
Brushed included are the 205 & 229 tapered blending brushes and the 237 blending brush.
These feel great on my skin and I can't wait to use them with my....
 
 
 
IBY Beauty: Three's Company eye shadow trio    Value $19


These shades are very similar to last month's palette.
White and gold are shimmer shades while the brown is a matte.
Swatch picture is one swipe with the included foam applicator.
 I like the white and gold shades, but I am not sure they are different enough from other colors in my collection to keep around.
 
 
 
Briogeo: Rosarco Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Cream    Value: $24
 
 
Oh my goodness the smell is heavenly! 
I loved another product from Briogeo, the leave in protectant, so I have high hopes for this product.
 
 
 
Total value: $119.50
 
Final verdict: I will not use the bronzer, and I find it an odd addition to a fall box.  Really wished I had gotten the Cargo blush, but one bad item does not ruin a box.  The brushes and lip product are nice items I will use.  The eye shadow is a strong maybe. I'm most excited with the hair cream.
This box was not as strong as boxes in the past few months, but still worth the investment.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment